Monday, June 2, 2008

Sex and the City- a fashion don't!!!

I have to wonder if HBO and Warner Brother's had any rational thoughts when they signed off on the costumes for the Sex and the City Movie? Being a huge fan of the show, I (like so many people i know) went to see the heavily anticipated film which grossed $55.7 million its opening weekend. I was surprisingly disappointed in the choices of wardrobes, especially that of Carrie Bradshaw, (pictured right) who is known for her style.

When you have a movie born from a show that put Cosmopolitans and Manolo Blahniks on the map, it's just surprising to not use more main stream fashion pieces rather than "Runway Couture" . Maybe it's just me but with all the hype surrounding this film i would have liked to have seen more "real world" choices in the fashion department.

Please tell me what is on this dress (top right)...... Now correct me if I'm wrong but someone must have been smoking crack to ever let Sarah Jessica Parker put this on, let alone be filmed in it.


Don't even get me started on these three outfits.... In the one on the far left , She is in pajamas with a "chrome dome" hat on! It looks like she having an 80's nightmare.
Middle: Speaks for itself. can we say trash bag???
Right: I thought just the dress was bad, now they had to go ahead and make her look even more ridiculous with those shoes!!!!
WOOF!!!

5 comments:

Daniel Smith said...

Carrie...you're outfits!? WOOF!!

Daniel Smith said...

Trashbag? No, more like douchebag!

Daniel Smith said...

Trashbag!? No more like dumpster slut!

What a harlet, bro!

Anonymous said...

I think that runway couture fashion is fabulous. Although the movie was missing "everyday" fashion- that was the point. These women live in NYC- not Seattle, and have unlimited wealth at their disposal. Why dont you mention how fabulous the Vivienne Westwood wedding gown was? (althouh admittedly, "runway couture") And Carrie's choices- she has always been a mismatched & funky dresser- that has always been part of her personality in the series. Further- I thought that *most* of the outfits were fabulous- especially Charlotte's entire wardrobe. But- its nice to hear your comments as well!!

Daniel Smith said...

oh so I went with trashly as she went to try on some dresses for a wedding and one of the dresses totally reminded me of that trashbag dress. It even had the color of a trashbag. it might've been the ugliest dress I've ever seen.