Wednesday, June 18, 2008

jail house tat's = chic? since when?

Since when was it cool to wear shirts with "fake" tattoo sleeves?
I'm sorry but this is as "poser" as you get.

Christian Audigier is the designer of the popular Ed Hardy brand. He along with "Don Ed Hardy" also known as "the Godfather of Tattoo's" created this line of shirts with tattoo sleeves sewn in.


it poses the question of.... when was it considered "posh" or "chic" to have tattoo's all over your arms? especially for females. ummmm hold on..NEVER!


Audigier has several brands under his name including the extremely short lived "Von Dutch". remember the trucker hats that sold for over $60 each.


Don't get me wrong, i like Ed Hardy and own a few pieces, but i just don't like that no matter where i go i see it. Since it's debut in 2004, it has become saturated in almost every boutique or up-scale department store.

It's almost like it's not unique anymore. When everyone has something, it's not as desirable as it would be if no one had it. it's all about the demand for the product and all of the hype surrounding it.

The cost for pretending you have tattoo sleeves and looking like a jack ass. $92.00


2 comments:

Daniel Smith said...

My rule of thumb for style is I don't want to look back on myself in 15 years and say damn I can't believe I wore that and thought it was cool!

For example skinny jeans are NOT cool anyone who wears them will hold their head in shame in 15 years that's if they haven't committed suicide by then cause the world just doesn't get them!

Distressed/ripped jeans are also for tools and the ones with paint stains and intentional wrinkles, are for tools. Unfortunately it's basically impossible to get jeans that aren't at least a little distressed now a days unless you like wearing wranglers and since I don't want to git-r-done and I don't go mudding I'm gonna have to pass on those too.

Also Ed hardy shirts along with all the other graphic design t-shirts like express t-shirts are ugly and I sign that you're a douchebag if you wear them. I've yet to see a guy wear one that doesn't look gay or like a douchebag so again I'm gonna pass on this fad also.

I've said it before and I'll say it again just cause it's in style and other people are wearing it (ex. crocs, or shirts with dead rappers on them) doesn't mean it's cool to wear, it usually makes the person look like they're trying to hard to fit in and they're wearing it just cause others are wearing or just that their taste in style really is that bad. Either way you won't catch me wearing any of the above.

Daniel Smith said...

I look what I found on hot chicks with douchebags!

I rest my case!

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/uploaded_images/DB3170-718053.jpg